Thursday, November 26, 2009

Wildwood Canyon

Happy Thanksgiving! Today I went for a hike on a new trail in a familiar mountain range- the Verdugos. My plan was to hike something a little less steep than what I'm used to doing in these mountains. That was not to be however. This hike was also a butt kicker. It was quite warm today as well as temperatures soared above 80.
One thing to be thankful about today was the good visibility. From the top, there were clear views all the way to the ocean and the distant Catalina islands. Also from the top, it was interesting to see all of the deciduous trees in the valley displaying their fall colors. I was surprised to see how many orange, red, and yellow trees, there are in the neighborhoods. From the top of the mountain, it reminded me how much I loved the fall in Asheville N.C. driving along the Blue Ridge Parkway.




This chair was a great spot to eat a Thanksgiving snack of chocolate chip cookies, and watch and listen to the crows playing games in the sky above me. Of course family, food, and football would have been more ideal, but that was not to be this year.








No comments:

Post a Comment