Sunday, January 23, 2011

PCT Trail Scenes #113



Hitching into Skykomish, WA at Steven's Pass.
Indie and the "SOBO Hobos," at the country store.
"Hojo" organizing his resupply.
PCT Bandannas hanging on the wall inside the hiker's bunkhouse at the Dinsmore's.
The Dinsmore's are another Trail Angel family in Skykomish, WA who have opened their home to PCT hikers. I was able to watch the Redskins season opener on Jerry Dinsmore's big screen TV. I was beside myself to say the least. Jim said he bought the TV for hiker's to enjoy the football games, and I was the first one to request a game!
The country store across the street from the Dinsmore's. I had one of the best breakfasts along the trail here.

Indie hitching back out to the trail head. It was a tough decision to leave the Dinsmore's late that afternoon, especially because it was so cold and we were very tired at this point, and some of our hiking friends had just arrived. The pull to head north before the snow was so strong for me at this point.



After Indie and I failed miserably to get a ride out of Skykomish, Hikestrong member and PCT hiker "Sugar Momma" came to the rescue. She had to leave the trail due to sickness and injury early on, but she has made many friends along the trail route, including the Dinsmore's, who she was in town to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment