Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Sunday











I went to Montgomery Woods again yesterday and hiked another trail. I walked at a snail's pace looking for mushrooms. The woods were extremely quiet. I had my guitar in my car and decided to strum for a minute just to see if the sound would carry. Usually, whenever I have played outside, the sound is completely muffled by all of the outdoor noise, or carried away by the wind. Not here, the trees seemed to create an amphitheatre and the sound was pure and sweet. It's amazing how much colder and damp these woods are compared to the Ukiah area. When hiking the PCT, this was what I envisioned the trail being like in Northern California. However, it was not the case. The trail ran through dry pine forests mostly, well to the east of the coastal Redwoods.

1 comment: