Thursday, May 19, 2011

Monkey Flower

I had the afternoon off today and I had one goal in mind. To take a picture of the monkey flower. I haven't hiked past one yet this year, although I've seen them blooming along many of the roads around town. I hit the Valley View Trail once again, and it became a flower fest. The first interesting flower I saw was some Chinese Houses. It was rare that I'd ever see this flower while hiking around the LA area. Not because they weren't there, I just don't think I was at the right place at the right time I'm convinced. Anyhow, my mood was continually brightened as I saw several flowers I've never seen or rarely seen before.

Monkey flower (above)

Poison oak was abundant along the trail. I had to catch myself as I often took a picture with the poison oak inches from my face. Being mesmerized by the flowers, I often didn't see the poison oak until after I took a picture. I had to remind myself to be more careful. Anyways, it was good to see the monkey flower making its appearance on the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment