Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Northwest Branch

I flew home to Maryland for a few days to spend time with my family. It's been a year and a half since I was home last, and I was long overdue. One of the things I did while home, was go for a hike along the Northwest Branch with my brother Brian.

I was curious to see if any wildflowers were similar to ones I've become familiar with here in California. However, I didn't study the ground as much this time around, as my brother and I were talking about various things.

We did come across this flower which looks very similar to the Redwood Sorrel. Perhaps it's a smaller cousin or something as they both bloom from clovers.

The air was warm and thick with moisture. It brought back pleasant memories of hot, humid summers in Maryland.

We saw a garter snake slithering across the path, into the underbrush.

There also were a lot of birds chirping away under the green canopy. It had a resonating effect, almost like in a tunnel.

After hiking along the Northwest Branch to the dam, my brother and I decided to turn around and retrace our steps rather than walk home through the neighborhood.

It was good to be home...

No comments:

Post a Comment