Monday, July 4, 2011

Skunk Trail July 2011

Since moving to Ukiah, I have been wanting to hike the length of the Skunk Train Railroad route which is a 40 mile section of train track from Willits to Ft. Bragg. I was inspired by the blog of Ron Bloomquist who writes Walking Fort Bragg who has already hiked the route and has documented his trip through pictures. Also, driving to the coast several times a week for work has made me familiar with the two towns, as well as the popularity of the train amongst families and tourists in the area. It seemed like a good way to learn a little more about the area I'm living in. I put the trip together last minute last week. Since I had a three day weekend for the 4th of July, the timing seemed right.. I mentioned the trip to one of my PCT friends named Spillz when she came to visit in January. She also wanted to hike it, so I sent her an invite last week. She accepted and our adventure began Friday night...

No comments:

Post a Comment