Monday, June 25, 2012

Fallen Redwood (2 Months Later)

On Sunday, I went for a hike in one of my favorite spots in Humboldt Redwoods State Park. While hiking, I remembered the old giant that met its demise two months ago. I thought the tree may have fallen within days of when I saw it freshly lying on the ground back in April. I wrote about it here. The fresh branches definitely have turned brown in two months, and most of the plants and lichen have also decomposed.
The burl on the redwood giant that probably fell in April, after two months of decomposition.
Above is a picture I took of the burl yesterday, below is what it looked like in April. The fern has yellowed and withered, and the green needles and branches have all turned brown. New redwood trees are already beginning to grow out of the burl!
The burl on the recently fallen redwood giant back in April. (above)

1 comment:

  1. It is a great place and so good to look thanks for sharing Buy Trailers

    ReplyDelete