Monday, September 3, 2012

Lewis and Clark Nat Geo Documentary (9 Month CDT Countdown)

My mind is bouncing everywhere these days. A couple of days ago I was familiarizing myself with the Jim Wolf Continental Divide guidebooks, when it occurred to me that I should also familiarize myself with some history of the Continental Divide itself. Here's a National Geographic documentary on the Lewis and Clark expedition. Around the 19:20 mark scared the crap out of me I must say. If anyone has any suggestions on books to read about the Rockies and it's history, it would be much appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. Although not a book, the PBS/Ken Burns documentary of the Corps of Discovery was excellent. Stephen Ambrose's "Undaunted Courage," also about Lewis and Clark, was also good. Kinda made me want to head all the way out to Lemhi Pass, just so I could straddle the Mighty Missouri, climb the pass, and be awestruck by the mountains that extended to the west.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Skyhiker, I'll look into that. Ken Burns always seems to make great documentaries.

    ReplyDelete