Monday, March 11, 2013

Continental Divide Trail 2013: Planning

I will be the first to admit that I am not a good planner when it comes to anything. I really don't enjoy it at all. I've mentioned before that sloth and procrastination are my two nemesis. I find the planning process to be a bit like long distance hiking in some ways. I like to gradually work my way into it, definitely don't want to burn out too early or too late. I find the process somewhat amusing. I can go days, and even weeks without even reading about the trail. I'm enjoying town life right now, and there are plenty of things keeping me busy. Well, this morning I woke up troubled. Ahhh, there's the feeling that says "better get your ass in gear." I've been waiting for that sensation. I expect to feel this more often as June 15th (departure date) draws nearer. Then again, the planning process has been getting easier and easier with each trip, so maybe I am right on track. I know what I need to do, now I just need to do it. It will all work itself out. I haven't done much today as of yet, but will do some more planning tonight, most likely go through some maps and get them a bit more organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment