Saturday, April 20, 2013

Montgomery Woods 4-20-13

I needed some "redwood therapy" (as Michael Taylor once described it) this morning. I start feeling agitated if I don't get some nature time, and it's been too long since I last visited Montgomery Woods. Too much craziness in this world sometimes. Peace definitely flows into the soul when immersed in nature's goodness. Anyhow, looking forward to the CDT. A 6 month news fast will be great.

Today in the redwoods, there were a lot of newts crawling across the trail. More than I have ever seen. Maybe it's the right time of the year to see them crawling about. There also is bright, springtime sunlight entering the grove right now. Lots of flowers blooming. The trillium look like they are just about peaking or slightly past peak at the moment. Also, lots of bird song in the grove. I'm not sure what kind of bird it is, but they are small and very vocal right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment