Friday, August 29, 2014

Thank You CHP


There has been a lot of negativity surrounding cops in the news lately. Some of it justified, some if not perhaps. I will admit, I have my own issues and suspicions in regards to the police. However, I want to give a "shout out" if you will, to a CHP officer I encountered yesterday near Humboldt Redwoods State Park.

For the past 8 months, I have slowly been inspecting as many groves as possible in search for undiscovered redwood albinos. The search has taken me through some of the most majestic groves the park has to offer, as well as some of the most lonely and desolate. There was one spot small spot that I wanted to check out yesterday that as far as I could tell, there was no access to. I parked my car well off the highway and entered the grove. A couple minutes later, I heard and noticed a CHP officer parked behind my vehicle.

I understood that I probably looked really sketchy, especially as I walked out of the woods. The officer sternly explained to me that I was parked illegally and questioned what I was doing. I was expecting to get a fat ticket of some sort. After explaining to the officer that I was inspecting groves for redwood albinos, I apologized and told him that I would be on my way. The officer then suggested that I stay and finish looking, before heading home. I did not find any albinos in this particular spot, but I want to give a big "Thank You!" to the CHP officer for his understanding...

No comments:

Post a Comment