Sunday, September 21, 2014

Canoe Creek: Humboldt Redwoods State Park


I did a little exploring around Canoe Creek yesterday in Humboldt Redwoods State Park. I was glad to make it over there before the major rains come, raise the water level in the Eel, and make the grove off limits until next summer. It's a peaceful little spot, and there are some nice trees growing on the flat. I also pushed up the creek a little ways off trail. I went about as far as I could stomach, which wasn't really all that far. Better to have a partner if one is to really explore up the creek. Yesterday I realized that as soon as I think I've come to know the park, I still have barely begun to know the place. The area I saw was the home of the mountain lions and bears. I was content to leave it that way for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment