Sunday, November 16, 2014

Ossagon Trail: Prairie Creek State Park





It would be so cool to be able to go back in time and talk to someone in the Yurok tribe about their experience living among the redwoods.

I did a hike this afternoon on the Ossagon Trail in Prairie Creek this afternoon. Before that, I went on a bushwhack up a random hillside for a couple of hours. There are always random, awesome ancient giants hidden back in the forest, but you've really got to earn their presence.

The Ossagon Trail is a hike where the reward once again is the ocean. Also once again, there was nobody out there.  I was just happy to be on the trail, the one place I feel "normal" and at ease. The forest was quite chilly today and the warm sun on the beach felt amazing, especially since my clothes were pretty wet from the earlier bushwhack. Had a lot of trail flashbacks today...

No comments:

Post a Comment