Monday, March 2, 2015

50 Shades of Green


Keep in mind that it is now tick season. I found the first tiny tick on my pant leg this past week. Over the last few years, I've been bitten by several ticks in Humboldt Redwoods State Park, Hendy Woods, Navarro Redwoods State Park, Montgomery Woods, and Malliard Redwoods State Park. Most were tiny deer ticks. It's a miracle I don't have lyme disease, at least I don't think I have it. Humboldt Redwoods State Park seems to have a fair share of them. Just be careful when hiking and do a thorough tick check at the end of the day if you go hiking there...

2 comments:

  1. There was that one summer I was just discovering Rubio Canyon, and I was finding ticks burrowed in to me on on my clothes on an almost weekly bases (for a month or two). But, having cut down on my hiking, and definitely cut down on my cross-country hiking through Rubio Canyon, it's been a few years since the last tick Thankfully. I'm not even sure if I know where my tick spoon is, now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it stays that way Skyhiker, I can't stand them!

    ReplyDelete